Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 1

Hello all or just a few who may read this:

I have decided to run, walk at some point and maybe even end up crawling a 1/2 marathon. This is why:

1. I want to look good
2. I've never had a challenge like this before
3. I hate running
4. I have a friend who is going to be a marathon virgin with me.
5. This may sound selfish, but I need to do something strictly for me.
6. I want to be healthy.
7. I need a goal/challenge something I have to really work hard at.
8. I hate feeling so exhausted and lazy all the time.

D-Day is October 11th, 2009. This gives us a little less than 12 weeks to prepare. I was reading online and they give you specific training guidlines for 10 weeks training. So we only have two before we have to be able to run 3 miles at a time for the training schedule. Yikes! I am no where near that. Tomorrow morning I will go on my first run outdoors...2 miles through the beautiful town of Agua Dulce, CA. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would just love to encourage you to keep on keepin' on. Your goals are worthy of adherence. Live life outside the box--take risks--strive for excellence. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete