We found out this week that my dad has cancer. Esophageal cancer to be precise. He has a large tumor in his Esophagus and pending tests may show that it is more widespread. He's in a lot of pain right now and can't keep any food down. There are more tests tomorrow and his first meeting with the Oncologist on February 1st. Please be praying for my dad. He is really worried. His name is Tom. I'm pretty upset...actually really upset. I want to be there with him and I can't and that frustrates me even more.
I know that this is a part of life and that loved ones get sick...it doesn't make things any easier though. My dad has a long hard battle ahead of him and I'm am praying for strength and healing.
So sorry for the "downer" blog but I guess it is mine and I can write whatever I want on it. You know what's funny...only my dad would say in the same conversation with me that he had cancer and then preceed to scold me for not using a blue tooth while I was talking on the phone with him in the car.
This week has been very challenging and yet at the same time God has really made Himself real to me all over again. For instance, I blew a tire on Vasquez Canyon on my way home from work. I had Owen in the car with me, it was raining and cold and my spare was flat and I couldn't get the jack out of the trunk of my car. BUT...my tire blew at the bottom of the hill right where I could pull off the road into a mobile home park instead of at the top of the hill where there is no shoulder and no street lights. A kind man pulled in behind me and took my spare to the tire shop to be filled up. Then because we couldn't get the jack out of the car...Steve and Shaun came with a floor jack and changed my tire for me. So many things could have gone wrong that didn't and we were safe.
I'm trying to look at my dad's cancer this way too! It could be so much worse. So before it gets that way...and I'm not saying that it will...I want to make sure he knows how much I love him and what an impact he has had on my life and that this cancer isn't the end.
4 years ago

love you friend, and we will be praying with you, tomorrow specifically, and be sure to keep us updated with specifics when you get them. I understand how hard it can be to have family get so sick. Know that you are not alone, and dont be afraid to just let it all out and cry. Love you
ReplyDeleteJess!!! First of all I did not even know you had a non Owen blog. Wendy sent me the link.
ReplyDeleteI will totally be praying for your dad. And for your family as you go through such a rough road with him. May God's peace and love surround your family!
I love you girl.
Thank you ladies for being so awesome.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I set this blog up because I planned on running a 1/2 marathon and wanted to record the antics then chicken out so I stopped using it until last week. I love to blog and wish I would do it more...it will be my "new home resolution"...to blog, among other things of course...like posting pictures, which will require me to take some.
Cancer is heartbreaking... I'm so sorry this is a reality in your family's life right now. I will SO be praying for you and for each person in your family as more details come around and your dad is faced with big decisions. A very scary time, but a time that can be used to God's glory nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you need anything!! I realize that that sounds pretty insincere coming from someone who doesn't live close to you, doesn't know you extremely well, doesn't know your family at all, and is about to have a fourth kid, but really, in my heart of hearts I mean it and would do whatever I could in the moment to help you, anytime.