Come October I will be the proud mother of three children. Yes, three. This is a little absurd to me. I just think God really likes to keep things interesting between Kyle and I. Being that I got pregnant with Owen practically on my honeymoon and then when we decided to have another baby...He couldn't just let that happen...nope. I can just see God smirking at us saying, "WHAM!, and you two thought you had it all figured out, huh?"
I need a biology lesson...how do you get twins? What kind of twins to I have? There are so many questions I don't have the answers to right now and I don't even care. That due in part to the fact that I am so exhausted I can't even think straight and there are a million other things that are more immediate like making sure I have a "snack" everyhour or else I feel like death or close to it.
And then I think...there is no better reason to feel completely miserable! Why me...why am I so lucky...there are so many other women who go through so much just to have one baby and hear I am...TWO! I feel really blessed that God has given me this honor and I hope to make the most of it.
Here are a few things that excite me about twins:
1. One pregnancy...two babies!
2. One labor...two babies!
3. Two beautiful smiles!
4. 20 adorable stubby toes
5. 4 smushy cheeks
6. Twice the giggles
7. Twice the cuddles
8. Twice the love
9. I'm high risk so "more fussing over me" (and, yes, I plan on taking advantage)
10. Life will never be boring that's for sure!
4 years ago

I am so glad you are trying to look for the blessing in this and trying to look past the terror you might see coming your way. I know I did not have twins, but I am a twin, and we are great! Twice the fun, for sure.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are going to be a mom of twinners. I have always wanted twins, although Kirk considers that possibility his worst nightmare ;)
ReplyDelete