Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My dad is in his third week of Chemo. They gave him a break over the weekend because he was so sick and dehydrated. He's in a lot of pain and discomfort and hates not feeling well...but I guess it's hard to focus on the long term benefits when you feel like your entire body is being turned through a meat grinder. My sister Katherine says, "He's being a big baby." I don't think she inherited the compassionate gene : ). I haven't been able to talk to my dad because he is so tired it's hard to hear him on the phone.

Owen and I will fly up there on Friday night to spend a few days with my family. And on Monday my dad will begin his first combo radiation/chemo session. It will be nice to be there to help them out. I think that's been the hardest thing not being able to contribute and help out with everyone's needs. I am really good at being helpful. They have been doing well though. My brother's girlfriend comes over and helps get the kids to school in the mornings when my mom has to work and Katherine is at school and all their needs seem to be met.

Small praise...my dad is now able to drink a little water and Katherine said he ate a little something this week and it didn't come back up!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are able to fly up there later this week. And I am sure Owen and you will be such a blessing to your family! We will be praying for safe travels and for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your trip brings blessings to you and your family...especially your dad! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so incredibly sorry- i had no idea any of this was going on. i hadnt visited this blog in quite some time--- im all caught up now and i will be praying for you and your family- i cant imagine what you have been dealing with- please let me know if you need anything or even more specific prayer. i am here...
    *safe travels*
    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl...glad your back. Can't wait to catch up with you on your trip.

    ReplyDelete